2019 AFL Match Day Survey Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 14 years or over. Entrants under the age of 18 years must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 9:00am AEDST on 21/3/2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 11/10/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must receive an email invitation from the Promoter or the Promoter’s agents to complete an AFL Match Day Survey during the Promotional Period. Individuals will receive one (1) entry for every survey they fully complete and submit during the Promotional Period.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Multiple entries are permitted subject to only one (1) entry permitted per match-specific survey fully completed and submitted.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. There will be a draw conducted for the entries received each month of the Promotional Period (“Monthly Prize Draw”). Entries for each Monthly Prize Draw open at 12:00am and close at 11:59pm on the dates outlined in the table below, with the exception of the first Monthly Prize Draw where entries will open at 9:00am. All draws will take place at AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, VIC 3008 at 3:00pm on the dates outlined in the table below. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each Monthly Prize Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Entries into each Monthly Prize Draw will not be entered into any subsequent Monthly Prize Draws.
Monthly Prize Draw Entries Open Entries Close Draw Date
Monthly Prize Draw 1 21/03/2019 30/04/2019 03/05/2019
Monthly Prize Draw 2 01/05/2019 31/05/2019 07/06/2019
Monthly Prize Draw 3 01/06/2019 30/06/2019 05/07/2019
Monthly Prize Draw 4 01/07/2019 31/07/2019 02/08/2019
Monthly Prize Draw 5 01/08/2019 31/08/2019 06/09/2019
Monthly Prize Draw 6 01/09/2019 11/10/2019 18/10/2019
Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. Each winner’s name and state of residence will be published at within two (2) business days of the draw. By entering this promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The first three (3) valid entries drawn in each Monthly Prize Draw will each win an electronic gift card delivered through GiftPay Express (https://express.giftpay.com/) to the value of $100 (incl GST).
12. There will be a draw conducted for all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Major Draw”). The Major Draw will take place at AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, VIC 3008 at 3:00pm on 18 October 2019. One (1) winner will be drawn and receive an electronic gift card delivered through GiftPay Express (https://express.giftpay.com/) to the value of $500 (incl GST). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the Major Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name and state of residence will be published at within two (2) business days of the draw. By entering this promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
13. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer. Redemption details for the gift card are provided at
14. There is a limit of one (1) prize per entrant in any draw.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
16. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Total prize pool value is $2,300 (incl GST).
18. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. In the event that any prize has not been claimed within 3 months of notifying that winner of the prize, the winner forfeits their prize and the prize is entered in an unclaimed prize draw. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 24/01/2020 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. Each winner’s name and state of residence will be published at within two (2) business days of the draw. By entering this promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with entering this promotion and using a prize is the entrant’s responsibility.
23. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking and/or use of a prize.
26. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. 27. All entries remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
28. All times listed in these Terms and Conditions are local times in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
30. The Promoter is Australian Football League (ABN 97 489 912 318) of AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, VIC 3008, telephone (03) 9643 1999.
31. The New South Wales permit number for this promotion is NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/30020.